The Beginning is the premiere of Young Americans.
A secret imperils Will's standing at Rawley Academy.
WILL KRUDSKI (introduced in "Dawson's Creek") from small town New Rawley, receives an opportunity to attend the prestigious Rawley Academy for summer.
Meanwhile, SCOUT CALHOUN, following his father's footsteps by attending Rawley Academy, stops at the local gas station and encounters the owner's daughter BELLA. Will's parents drop their son off at campus, his father eager to see him go. Will and Scout discover they have been assigned as roommates. Enter HAMILTON. He's the son of Rawley's dean of students, and while the three get acquainted, girls from a neighboring all-girl's school run across campus in their underwear for the annual freshman panty raid. The boys join in, but suffer their own humiliation when the seniors capture and leave them to walk home in their boxer shorts. They pass by the gas station where Scout and Bella are formally introduced. It's a love connection. Will reveals he cheated on Rawley's entrance exam to get in. Scout promises to keep it a secret, but Will regrets telling him.
- Kate Bosworth as Bella Banks
- Mark Famiglietti as Scout Calhoun
- Katherine Moennig as Jake Pratt
- Rodney Scott as Will Krudski
- Ian Somerhalder as Hamilton Fleming
- Ed Quinn as Finn
- Ed Fry as Charlie Banks
- pink moon | NICK DRAKE
- will's voice-over/on the lake
- stroll in the park | ART PHILLIPS
- six pacs | THE GETAWAY PEOPLE
- the run
- tender | BLUR
- scout and bella dance
- from the morning | NICK DRAKE
- northern sky | NICK DRAKE
- bella and scout talk
- somewhere over the rainbow | ISRAEL KAMAKAWIWO'OLE
- scout and bella end things; will's elated at getting to stay